- ACON’s 1st Ageing Disgracefully Strategy for GLBT People
- 1st National LGBTI Ageing & Aged care Roundtable
- Productivity Commission Inquiry into Aged Care and Caring for Older Australians
- The Australian Federal Government recognised LGBTI older people as a special needs group.
- The National LGBTI Health Alliance was commissioned by the Department of Health and Ageing to host broad ranging consultations based on DoHA’s draft LGBTI Ageing and Aged Care Strategy.
- The National LGBTI Ageing and Aged Care Strategy was launched, meaning that specific funds and service requirements would be attached to providing care to LGBTI people.
- It became unlawful to discriminate against a person on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity and intersex status under federal law. Same-sex couples are also protected from discrimination under the definition of ‘marital or relationship status’.
- Report of the second National LGBTI Ageing and Aged Care Roundtable.
- ACON’s released the Love Project Consultation Report – key issues included social isolation, financial issues, housing, inclusive services & planning ahead
- NSW Ageing Strategy includes LGBTI people as priority population 2016-2020. The first time LGBTI people were included in this strategy.
- ACON’s 2nd Ageing Health Outcome Strategy 2017-2021
- Commonwealth Aged Care Diversity Framework – Aged Care Sector Committee Sub Groups
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety
- Aged Care Diversity Framework Action Plans
- New Charter of Aged Care Rights
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety Interim Report: Neglect
- Response to the Aged Care Royal Commission Interim Report
- Uniting: LGBTI experiences of Aged Care, Analysis of results of online survey